Friday 24 January 2014

Double Page Spread Article: Final

IT’S TIME FOR EMILY PROUT: WANTING TO REACH FAME

Here we interview EMILY PROUT: the ultimate indie singer-song-writer dreaming of being no.1 in the charts. She’s won the hearts of many with her exquisite looks and her bewildered song writing. She will be supporting the band London Grammar next year on their tour as well as performing gigs in London this month. It’s time for change. It’s time for EMILY PROUT. Will Emily reach her dream?

So Emily, where did you get your inspirations?
“Justin Vernon – he’s in the band Bon Iver and he writes their songs and sings them too. He inspires me to write songs based on how I feel, and his songs are beautiful. My mum loves him too, I guess it’s genetic.” Emily laughs.

What is driving you to reach no1?
“I remember watching “X Factor” when I was a child and listening to some amazing voices. I’ve always wanted to be in that position and be famous, I guess.” Emily quickly adds, “Oh but I wanted to be famous for my music, not for doing nothing, haha! I still want my music to be known, but in a good way.”

Are you looking forward to performing with London Grammar next year?
“Yes definitely, they are good friends of mine, especially Hannah Reid. Her voice is amazing, as well as the rest of the band being talented. She told me I’d have my fans and they’d support me and give me courage to be happy and reach my dreams.”

Some say that you’re up against London Grammar? Are you in competition?
“Of course not,” she shakes her head. “We’re all great friends. Plus, they have so much more experience and are more likely to reach number 1 anyway. If anything, I’d support London Grammar all the way and help them too.” “The media portrays different artists negatively. It’s a shame because they mix up words and spread words. They just want arguments and entertainment.

What happens if you reach number 1?
“Nothing else needs to happen. I guess I’ll keep writing and performing songs. Hopefully another song of mine reaches number 1. Obviously I don’t know if I’m even going to reach number 1”. Emily laughs.

Being only 19 years old, and having over 1,000,000 hits on YouTube, Emily is determined to be no1 and inspire others to write songs. She thanks everyone for supporting her because she wouldn’t be able do it without you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment